From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Friday, February 15, 2019

Notes on reaching age seventy

One advantage of being old, if you screw something up, you can pretend you're just a dotty old lady with a fuzzy memory. Huh? What happened? When? Ah, getting away with stuff. I could do this for another twenty years. Hmm, what can I get away with on purpose, heh heh...
*
I'm looking forward to ten years from now when this Trump mess is over and lots of films and TV shows are made about this era, the characters are hilarious, the caricatures. I mean imagine being a comic actress and getting to play Kellyanne. I am staying healthy as a 70 year old can With That One Motive of I want to see how this all plays out and how it affects American culture in future. 
Popcorn time
*
Nancy Pelosi is giving me all kinds of ideas about how a woman in her seventies can look. Great!
*
My goal now, age 70 and Damaged, is to stop now, or at least slow down, finally. My plan now is to heal with a slow paced life, serene sounds, lots of sleep, music, comedy, casual conversation about simple things. I am HEALING from the last 69 years, from the monsters who raised me to the way I took those twisted lessons into my life. As a result, a lot of things happened to me, not just the priest thing, I grew up in comfortable neglect, Then I had two kids with no idea how to raise them so now I am all alone. I could sit here and cry but instead I have another twenty years or so, you don't die of arthritis, so only thing left for me to do is HEAL from it all. Spend a lot of time horizontal, spend a lot of time silent, replace anger and regret with acceptance, they were all just doing what they do it was my karma to be born into that family and then be thrown out there to experience everything I did. If nothing else, it was a great story...
onward

*
I have transcribed for a living since 1998, 21 years now. So I have been witnessing the effects that Americans not reading is having on their speech patterns. Over and over lately, I get down what the person says and it is a mishmash, sentences start, go off and become something else, verbs do not match tenses, and in the end they smile and go, "you know." [Laugh]. 
Reading helps one structure thoughts in an orderly fashion to form sentences. People who don't read do not know how to do this simple thing that 40 years ago, when almost everyone read a daily newspaper, everyone could do, almost everyone. One way to turn USA back around is get people reading again, not on screens, in books and papers you hold in your hand. And writing. Holding a pen and writing on paper is Wonderful, it has a different effect on thought than hitting a computer keyboard. I remember seventh grade English class where we diagrammed sentences, a discipline that still exists inside my head at age 70. I just wish I'd taken more higher math courses as those also organize thoughts in your brain. But this lack of knowledge of our own language in USA, while persons are moving here from other countries who are fluent in several languages, is like a kind of self destruction
At the convention in San Francisco in 1964, conservative Republican speakers 'not only attacked the liberal Republicans; they scarcely missed an opportunity to attack the press as well. Even Eisenhower joined in this game, including in his speech a paragraph sharply criticizing us: “Let us particularly scorn the divisive efforts of those outside our family, including sensation-seeking columnists and commentators, because, my friends, these are people who couldn't care less about the good of our party.”
‘As he read his statement, delegates rose in their chairs and shook their fists toward our booths in the balcony. Eisenhower looked startled by the reaction.
‘The episode concerned me. I had never heard Eisenhower express such opinions before. . . . [later] I brought up the offensive paragraph. Ike seemed surprised, as if he hadn’t heard those words before, let alone uttered them. He stumbled around in what seemed to be almost an apology. I got the distinct impression that the import of the words had not struck him as he rehearsed his speechwriters’ work.’
From “A Reporter’s Life” by Walter Cronkite [1997], a book that showed up on the free table here in Tahoe Senior Plaza the other day and as I read through it, I came across that tidbit, showing the more things change, the more they stay the same. . . 
*
I knew to stock up on food and weed in Tahoe days ago, as I watch ThorNews climate reports on YouTube

YOUTUBE.COM
*
 Trump Whitaker Pompeo are showing the world what a diet of cheeseburgers will do to your body.
Posting so I'll have it to read later, looks interesting, By Andrew McCabe, excerpt from his book about working for Trump's FBI:

About this website
THEATLANTIC.COM
The president steps over bright ethical and moral lines wherever he encounters them. Everyone in America saw it when he fired my boss. But I saw it firsthand time and time again.
Glad to be in Tahoe: As things get worse, they'll get less worse here. yay

No comments:

Post a Comment