From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Friday, November 8, 2019

Fox Zombie syndrome analyzed by Guardian media critic

From: "I watched Fox News every day for 44 months – here's what I learned" by Bobby Lewis, Guardian Media Critic 

Fri 25 Oct 2019 "Fox News poisons viewers’ minds"

People who watch Fox News with an open mind can find themselves sucked into a destructive and alienating lifestyle. The writer Luke O’Neil collected several examples of families, his own included, divided by Fox News’ partisan garbage fire. O’Neil and his mother “have agreed to not talk about politics any more. The cognitive dissonance between this lovely woman finding something appealing in the most xenophobic pundits on TV is too hard for me to reconcile.”
Others told him about no longer visiting their home towns “because my family and friends all have broken Fox brain” or about not sending their children to see their grandparents because, thanks to Fox News, “their toxic anger and resentment is slowly becoming their entire identity”.
I can tell you from personal experience that when I say Fox poisons minds, I’m not being that hyperbolic. While watching Fox & Friends every morning, I struggle to unearth or at least assemble even shadows of fact-based arguments from the unhinged nonsense that is vital to the brand.
It can be so intense on Fox & Friends that I sometimes have what could be called propaganda hangovers – after finishing the show, I feel as though I’m trapped in a fog of disinformation, and my mental processes feel sluggish for a few more minutes. (Continue reading here https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/oct/25/fox-news-watching-what-i-learned )
-ke

No comments:

Post a Comment