From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Transcribing is not that much work for me, It actually helps me stay sharp

I've been transcribing video for a living since 1998, and the TV and film producers who are our clients demand perfection and speed. By now I've developed techniques where I can go as fast as a human speaks, almost. So doing The Covid-19 Transcripts project is not that much work, especially for someone who is abiding by the state's stay at home orders.  Production is completely stopped, so my job has come to a stop and I have a lot of time on my hands. (For job, the videos come in my email, that's how I live in Tahoe but work in L.A.) I want to keep my skills up. PLUS at age 71, doing a job that calls for concentration like this, I am actually sharper mentally now than I was in my fifties, and I don't want to lose that sharpness while this shutdown goes on. So don’t worry about me working too hard, otherwise during the shutdown, I'd be sipping through my alcohol supply way before I want to go out and buy more. . . I do however need PayPal clicks, just like $5 or higher, as my income is 1/4 what it was last month.
-ke

No comments:

Post a Comment