Not just L.A., the City of Angels Is Everywhere
From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Friday, July 19, 2024

Cannabinol is saving my life, first time I had it was in 1967 and I have been waiting so long, hurray for hemp gummies

I've known since someone handed me a “cannabinol” pill on a street in San Francisco in 1967. For Decades I've wished I could feel this relief and near-euphoria again. Today, Cannabinol is saving my life. “A chemical found in the Cannabis sativa plant, early research suggests that cannabinol might affect the immune system and reduce pain.” (WebMD) It does. I can feel it.

Cannabinol

A few weeks ago I started buying hemp based cannabis gummies, on Facebook to be honest, those ads were gratefully targeted at me. I remember that weekend in The City in '67. We used to drive up to SF from San Gabriel Valley on a whim back then, for some reason it was easier to drive all over the place in the sixties than it is now, and we were riding without freeways, just saying….


It was the summer after the summer of love, and the Haight district was swarming with people from my generation, the Freaks as we called ourselves, I never heard a “hippie” call themselves a hippie.  Being a freak you had a certain mentality, blockades were torn down in your mind, between strangers; you accepted everything and everyone, no matter how strange. And since everyone around you was also a freak, they were accepting all weirdness also. So everyone was free to be weird.

And we were.

That weekend when I was given a cannabinol pill, the city was swarming with more of us than usual. It was a shaggy haired blond California boy handing them out. I lucked out and got one as we passed by. I asked what is it, he said, “Cannabinol, pure cannabis, a concentrate of everything that makes pot make you feel so good, all that goodness concentrated in one pill, you're going to love it."

We walked on, me mumbling "cannabunal cannabunal" 

As we walked a few blocks farther, Wowowowowow, the hilly streets started to dance. I hanged onto a parking meter gazing at the lights and colors, almost like on a psychedelic but without losing control.

I must have been expressing how wonderful I felt, as people would come up to me and ask, What are you on?

I’d answer, "cannabunal cannabunal"

I loved it. For days afterwards I was in the afterglow, back in Pasadena, and now it's- fifty five years later and I bought some gummies that were branded “Torch Hulk Ultra Potent” and popped one gummy in my mouth, sweet watermelon chew.

Burst of juice and soon for a moment I was in San Francisco in 1967 again. That's it! I shouted to myself. I finally found it, the near euphoria of cannabinol, the pain relief, stress relief, immune system boost- for me, as far back as 1967 I already had the PTSD that I live with today; imagine having PTSD for that long, actually more than a decade longer, but I digress.

The amazing relief I felt that night in the Haight, roller coaster wonders in the crowds- that night I stopped in a second hand store and purchased a jacket, but then I could not wear it. I felt bad vibes from the person who used to own the jacket, I thought, and it bothered me too much. So I left the jacket on a parking meter as we walked past.

Ah the sixties. 

I am so grateful today that I have found cannabinol online and it is legal for these upstart smart companies to send it to me by USPS. I'm an old lady who has been in nonstop body pain since November 2018, I can time it to that date, this last increase in pain. I've been homebound since then it's been so bad.
Now, I'm having this wonderful relief. Not total pain free, but it's only been a few weeks. Whatever happens after this, I'm so grateful that the legalization of cannabis in the 1990s has led to the development of hemp based gummies available all over the country, through ads I found on Facebook, and I got to live long enough to experience this.

Not everything in USA these days is awful…

Weblogged by Kay Ebeling

No comments:

Post a Comment