Not just L.A., the City of Angels Is Everywhere
From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Clooney tells Kimmel "It's very hard to let go of power and Biden did something extraordinary, That's what should be focused on."

Another entry in Transcripts for Harris / Walz at CofA Blog

TRANSCRIPT of "George Clooney on NY Times Op-Ed on Biden, Insults from Trump, Film with Brad Pitt & Pulling Pranks" on Jimmy Kimmel Live 09 18  (Video Linked at Bottom

01:45 into video

JK: All right I want to talk to you about the big thing and you know what that is. You as everyone knows now, in July you wrote an op-ed in the New York Times.

GC:  Got to get right into that don’t we have time for one more question?

JK: And it really it may well have- it did actually change the world. I mean it had an enormous impact on the presidential election, right?

GC: No I don't I don't know that that's true, [OVERLAPPING]  there was an awful lot of people yeah it was well you know listen.

Bottom line is as you know let's get right to the bottom line the bottom line is okay the bottom line is that that-

It's very hard to let go of power and President Biden did something really extraordinary, really extraordinary. And so honestly, I really do think that that's that's what should be focused on. Really yeah yeah-

JK: And yet it was a risky move. Because had he not decided to step aside, it would probably have damaged him. To to, I mean having been one of his great supporters and-

GC: What are you getting at J?

JK: I'm getting at you took a big swing and thank God you hit that ball out, because it could have gone very bad-

GC: [OVERLAPPING] it could have gone very very badly go badly listen I I don't know I mean seems to be going pretty well right now.

JK: But have you like have you thought about if Donald Trump wins, have you thought about the possibility he might use the power of the federal government against you personally?

GC: Yeah I have but I just- I'm confident in the fact that he's coming after you first

JK: that makes you feel better

GC: Yeah you know that theory about you don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the one kid. You're that one kid. [LAUGHTER]

JK: I'm that kid [LAUGHTER]

END OF TRANSCRIPT of "George Clooney on NY Times Op-Ed on Biden, Insults from Trump, Film with Brad Pitt & Pulling Pranks" 

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=qtghetlski0&t=301s

City of Angels Blog continues to document our strange times with readable transcripts, so years / decades from now readers can come to this blog and try to figure out what happened.

***

Weblogged by Kay Ebeling 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment