Not just L.A., the City of Angels Is Everywhere
From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance

Home of The Covid-19 Transcripts and The Heating Planet Project
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Monday, August 3, 2026

Sci-fi: Eternal journalist on Earth assignment since 1955- NEW at Heating Planet blog

I am an eternal journalist; for thousands of Earth years I've traveled the universe and hovered as an observer where populations are going through crises, and Earth is in trouble. 
Fiction based on fact.
stock art Workd Arlas

I am finishing out my assignment on Earth that started in 1955. I'm excited and dismayed to end my time here covering the next devastating years of the planet. For now, I live in a Space Capsule hovering at high elevation on a planet that when I arrived, was in worse shape than they expected. At 6,000 ft above the cities, I have a bird's eye view of the environmental destruction that we didn't expect for at least another 100 years. Luckily, I've been able to quarter myself in a place where  trucks arrive and leave so I stay stocked up on supplies. 

As an eternal journalist; for thousands of Earth years I've traveled the universe and hovered as an observer where populations are going through crises, and Earth is in trouble. 

***

I arrived here in 1955 and entered through the body of a 6-year-old female who had been murdered after being brutalized by a pedophile ring outside Chicago. Miraculously the child came back to life- Or so they thought, but it was really me the Eternal journalist slipping into her body. 

It was not until I was in my 50s that I became aware of my true identity as a space traveling Eternal journalist. 

The true identity emerged when I was in Los Angeles in the early 2000s and the pedophile priest crisis broke, which was the main reason I had been sent here to Earth but I didn't know that until I was in my fifties. 

I often wondered why all my life I kept living through attempts to kill me, accidents, overdoses, frightening situations- almost as if I had Angelic intervention protecting me. 

Turns out in a way I did. 

I also have always had Young Kathy's memories of brutalization inside me motivating me to take dangerous steps as a journalist.

***

In the early 2000s, as an unemployed writer, I started going to court hearings about the L.A. clergy cases against the local Catholic Archdiocese, and angelic intervention type things kept happening: Computer files that opened up only for a moment so I could see them and then disappeared in the Superior Court research room; my arms twitching so that I copy and pasted exactly what was needed to fix a paragraph that wasn't working. 

One time as I was trying to walk up a hill to a bus stop exhausted because they had moved the Clergy case hearings to a Faraway place in South Central L.A., I swear something picked me up and carried me, just hovering over the sidewalk.

I swear a demonized man jumped out from behind a bench and made faces and growling noises at me as I walked from the courthouse downtown to the Metro station after covering that day's Clergy case hearings. 

And the miraculous way one judge let his clerk show me how to find the lawsuit documents that had been filed in the 660 cases against the Archdiocese at the time.. 

Now I'm aging in my late 70s and not really employed but the Angelic intervention has never stopped since the early 2000s when I was just starting City of Angels blog.

At first I thought the idea of an eternal journalist was my imagination, but now as I sit here in this almost magical place, senior housing in South Lake Tahoe California where even people who work here can't afford to live, my rent is subsidized. 

And I'm pretty sure the coming planetary crisis will be survivable here on top of a mountain with a mile-deep lake, at least long enough for me to file my stories. 

I'm going to hover here for a few more years and write about what is happening on planet Earth. As my assignment here draws to a close, I admit I feel fortunate that stories of such magnanimous consequence are taking place and I get to document them. 

It ain't been easy being an eternal journalist on Earth the past years, but at least I love my work.

***
By Kay Ebeling

No comments:

Post a Comment