Not just L.A., the City of Angels Is Everywhere
From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance

Home of The Covid-19 Transcripts and The Heating Planet Project
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Why I drink Vodka after posting blogs sometimes

I spent four hours on the previous post, first it takes a half hour to remove the time codes for the ridiculous way Google posts them now with the word seconds and minutes spelled out every time code which comes at every 3 to 4 seconds. So I have a formula for using copy and paste to remove those. Then I go through the transcript and make it readable like a magazine article. I do this in part because I truly believe in a few years all these videos will be taken down and these transcripts will be almost the only record of what people were doing to try to stop climate disruption. My hands are crippled so I need to use voice typing to produce blogs. I do so with Google docs, then copy and paste the words into my blog dashboard template, but all of a sudden in the past couple weeks I can't do that anymore. I can only copy and paste into HTML which means everything is just one long paragraph with no breakss, no bolds, no itals, no way to put emphasis on different parts of the story. I find myself hollering at my screen often, why are these Tech Bros billionaires when they just abandoned their products to become crappy and unusable while they're all riding around on their yachts? I figured out how to fix it, from now on I'll just do the words, paste it into html, and then do the cool formatting and readability tricks after I copy it into the template. The point is every day it seems like Google has done something to make producing for it more difficult as if they are just trying to self destruct or at least discourage us and that makes no sense unless it's part of the Trump Revolution that is destroying everything in the United States right now. That could be the case. This is what Google transcripts start out like:

1:05

1 minute, 5 seconds

by the San Francisco Chronicle and not previously reported, ICE declared emergency operations

1:13

1 minute, 13 seconds

sharply limiting off-site medical care and access to medication. That's what's going on there. Hospitals and ambulance

1:20

1 minute, 20 seconds

***

It's as if they don't want you to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment