From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Monday, July 15, 2013

Lancaster CA Justice for Trayvon Martin Spontaneous Demonstration July 15, 2013

.
Around 5 PM today the call went out over social media.  By 7 PM about a hundred people showed up in downtown Lancaster to demonstrate and march, calling for Justice for Trayvon Martin.  I could tell something was developing from my apartment nearby and when I heard the name "Trayvon" being shouted, I grabbed my camera and ran out the door to get images.  Here is video, and photos from the event.

"I Am Trayvon" said a group of young men standing on the L.A. County Sheriff's Station sign.

 

The guys sit on the Sheriff's Station sign saying, "I am Trayvon" and I'm thinking, All crime victims who've seen our perpetrators go free are Trayvon Martin.  I am Trayvon Martin.  
-kay ebeling


They marched from downtown to the corner of Sierra and Lancaster, in front of the L.A. County Sheriff's station.

 

 Reporters from Antelope Valley Press and an L.A. news service interviewed some of the demonstrators

 

 They gathered in front of the L.A. County Lancaster Sheriff's Station

 

As a crime victim myself, who has seen my perpetrators walk free and retain their standing in the community, I feel an affinity with Trayvon Martin and his family. The justice system in the USA is broken, when criminals have more rights than their victims.

Here are some still photos from the event today as well:




I just moved to this town.  I don't know the persons in the downtown march, I just showed up.

BUT

I can say from my heart that I think I have more in common with these neighbors than I do with most of the old white folks in my senior complex.







At the end of the event the organizer told me she was concerned that there were so many police.  I said to her, "The world is upside down. They should be on standing here with us."





























More to come, always

-Kay Ebeling
.

No comments:

Post a Comment