From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Thursday, December 4, 2014

George Orwell and Me continued

.
When I'm not writing, I read, absorb what I can and try to find fun too. Today it's french phrases from Orwell's "Down and Out in Paris and London" and in process of translating and saving, I am also laughing out loud often. PS: After reading this book, I discover Orwell was a pioneer in Gonzo journalism. He lived in the middle of it and wrote about it, in 1931, undone before, I think...https://www.goodreads.com/…/393199.Down_and_Out_in_Paris_an…
This unusual fictional account - in good part autobiographical - narrates without self-pity and often with humor the adventures of a penn...
GOODREADS.COM
Like ·  · 
  • Josie O'Brien likes this.
  • Kay Ebeling comment epouser un soldat, moi qui l'aime tout le regiment - how will I marry a soldier, I who love the whole regiment (Oh my god, that line is perfect for me)
    19 mins · Edited · Like
  • Kay Ebeling French pawnshops in 1931 all had signs outside saying “Liberte Egalite Fraternite” hmm
  • Kay Ebeling working conditions he describes in this book as he is a "plongeur" at a luxury hotel 18 hours a day, make me never able to complain about my job again.
    1 min · Like
  • Kay Ebeling less than a hundred years ago people worked under these conditions, we all need to keep things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment