From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Sunday, August 30, 2020

It is not okay to shout 'Pedophile' in a crowd

Thing is, months later, I'm still repeating to myself things I should have said to the jerk shouting "Democrats are pedophiles" on the bus. I'd tell him, "Pedophilia is a serious crime, people who are victims live with repercussions the rest of our lives, last thing we want is to be reminded of it in irrelevant places." Or "Pedophilia is not something you just shout about in public places, there might be a victim of the crime nearby who is living with real consequences." Or "Think a minute. Pedophilia is a Pervert having Sex with a Child. Not a subject for idiots to shout about randomly in public places." 
By Kay Ebeling
I don't remember people hollering about pedophiles in the years before Donald Trump changed everything. I would know if they did, because I'm a pedophile priest survivor so I pay attention to these things. I moved to Tahoe to recover from PTSD caused by discovering I'm not alone but one of hundreds of thousands Americans who were molested by Catholic priests as children, then trying to get justice. Naively, I started a blog where I interviewed dozens of other victims, thinking that just publicizing these crimes would shock Americans so much the Catholic Church would see widespread change. Instead, publishing the stories caused strange things to happen in my personal life that finally intimidated me into stopping the blog and running away to the top of a mountain behind a forest to get away from them.
So last thing I wanted to hear while riding a South Lake Tahoe city bus was a guy hollering, "The Democrats in D.C. are all pedophiles, you just watch they'll all be in prison soon," and when I tried to tell him Pizzagate is not true, he was allowed to shout loudly at me, "Shut the fuck up" over and over again because, you know, it's a libertarian town. What's even worse is at one point I had kind of wanted to get to know that guy better. . .
I got off the bus and went back to my isolated life with yet another layer around me of reasons not to interact with anyone.
Since that time, Covid-19 sent everyone home, and the crimes of Jeffrey Epstein have made Americans suddenly care about pedophiles* although when a hundred thousand of us Catholic Priest victims came forward last decade, you could hear a pin drop.
And since that day on the bus, the word "pedophile" has shown up all over the place. I was posting about Covid-19 protests in Germany yesterday on Facebook and someone I kind of know chimed in something about satanic pedophiles, I mean a total non sequitur. 
Plus Why? 
Why is it okay to shout the word Pedophile in all kinds of out of context places now?
Odds are there are pedophile survivors being triggered by those shouts. 
Like me.
There are so many sex crimes against children in USA that my favorite shrink once told me pedophilia is a norm, statistically. The numbers of old guys raping children are so high that on a statistical epidemiological scale, it could be considered a norm.
So the person hollering pedophile may be sitting next to a pedophile survivor on that bus, a crime victim who's been trying for decades to make it through life without thinking about the pedophilia, and now those memories are triggered. 
Thanks.
When and how did it become okay to shout about pedophiles in public places? Just one of many weird things that have happened in USA last few years.
---
*PS to reporters: Jeffrey Epstein's victims make him an ephebophile, not a pedophile, one who molests teenagers, not children. At least learn about a subject before exploiting it.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Thank you for being that voice that needs to be heard. I too am a survivor, a priest in Catholic Church would touch me, rub himself upon me...I can still hear his breathing. I was also sexually assaulted by a female family member that started at about 9. I distinctly remember 12 and went through years of therapy. I have been for years shouting the evils of “disney” as they portray that young girls are to rely on “witches, spells, incantations” and so forth to coax their “lovers to them”. Some say I’m crazy as a bat for that thinking, but I’ve seen the pain, seclusion, normalcy of this vicious crime.

    ReplyDelete