From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I am better off than most humans on the planet

 Surrounded by electric fans, I watch one movie after another. For 99 cents a month I got STARZ, Showtime, AMC+, and PBS Masterpiece through September 4th; so as one show ends, I just click on the next that comes up. I used my Covid unemployment bonus last year to buy nine 20-inch and five 13-inch fans, and now with them strategically placed around my 1 bedroom apartment, it's better than AC because I still have fresh air. I am probably more comfortable than 80 percent of humans in the Northern Hemisphere this year. There is just enough transcription work, 2-3 hours 2-3 days a week, for me to keep a roof over my head, pay bills, and occasionally spree on Amazon or Target, buying baskets these days to organize the clutter. I got groceries delivered Sunday, enough to not have to go out my door for a month at least, except to get the mail, which I do in the middle of the night, to avoid my neighbors who seem to think covid is over so almost none of them are masking. It's not my job to educate them, just to stay away from them. I don't need ANYTHING. From around 3PM to 7 or so it does get extra warm in here, and my face flushes as if I had a sunburn. So I take a cool shower and stay where the fans blow straight on me. It's sometimes hard to hear the dialogue of the films because the fans are so loud but if that's my only complaint, how can I complain. I spent so much time working on my blog from 2007 to about a year ago that I missed ALMOST ALL FILMS and TV SHOWS from those years, so I'm able to see them now. Wow. I keep reminding myself, the heat and catastrophes are happening everywhere. I knew years ago from being an avid reader that all this climatic crisis was going to happen, so in 2015 I moved to Tahoe where the effect is minimal. Except for fires, but they're staying under control around me so far this season. I am patting myself on my back for being so smart to put myself in a good place to survive this apocalypse; and, oh, wonder what the Sundance production coming up is going to be like. Enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment