From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Russia has been gaslighting USA at least since 2013

In 1950s-60s I’d hear about ways the Soviet government controlled news media, reporting stories that were obviously not true but repeating the lies often enough that Russian people believed them. My pre to post adolescent soul was shocked, how can Russian people believe those lies.

Today I see same gamesmanship in American news stories for example the NY subway murder last week. Almost every report of that story calls the perpetrator a “Marine” when truth is the guy joined the military and then left after one month, he never even finished boot camp. He was allowed an honorable discharge as it "was not a good fit" as reported in early articles about the murder. However, Google searching his military record now brings up vague non distinct half-facts "Not much is known" about his military history. However, enough articles about the Jordan Neely murder have identified the killer as a Marine, an "alternative fact," for him to now be referred to as a “Marine veteran” all over the world of U.S. Newspeak.

Now today, the games being played with the Durham Report. I swear, the Soviet propagandists of the 1950s-60s were never this good at gaslighting as what we're going through in America. You can't even explain the twists and u-turns and blatant misstatements of the Durham Report without getting snagged into a whirlpool and falling deep into a hole never experiencing the truth, you just go round and round down down down forever...

I first noticed the Russian footprint in right wing media in 2013, as that was my first introduction to Fox News. I moved to Lancaster CA - looking for a rental I could afford in Hollywood Lancaster was closest I could find. There in the desert I first encountered Fox zombies, people who repeat everything Fox News says so a conversation can go nowhere. After observing this phenom a few times, I watched Fox News for the first time.  After I watched a few nights, I said “this is Russian. Fox News is like Soviet era Russian propaganda.” I recognized the Soviet nuances, tricks, ticks- I'm not sure how I saw it, I just recognized it. I may have learned some things in the years I worked in the NASA news room in 1970s and 1980s when Russian Soviet journalists would often come through our offices in Houston and we’d have off the cuff conversations. I'd say even back then, I can't believe Russian people fall for such obvious lies. 

So I've known since 2013 that Russia was filling USA with propaganda and it may have been going on longer, the propaganda just hadn't yet reached me in my Rachel Maddow / Stephanie Miller watching world back then.

Of course now with Bull Durham the propagandists have come up with a report that says whatever they want it to say and our sleeping- understaffed, all smart reporters culled and now on unemployment- news media will just report what each other say and I just sit here, going on age 75 living in a resort town where I know almost no one, wondering what is going to happen next, how bad can this get, will they really take away my Social Security too?

I am experiencing internalized stress, greatly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment