From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Saturday, March 3, 2018

It's hard to be smart in USA right now.

*
Right now all over the world people are looking at USA and saying, wow, if this is what democracy produces, bring on the Islamic theocracy, bring on the dictators, we’d be better off, I mean look at what is happening in the USA.
Often as the news is on in background while I work these overnight shifts, I find myself mumbling, “Americans are about to get what they deserve,” because Americans bought into this laissez faire philosophy. 
Lazy Fair.
Look around, we are a nation that needs so much work, yet there are probably thousands of people in every city collecting disability checks when they really don’t have a disability. 
Everywhere I go in America, I meet people who celebrate the fact they've arranged their lives so they can do nothing, the younger and more able bodied they are when they retire, the better off they think they are.   
I look around, I see a nation that needs housing, education, infrastructure, food delivery, trash cleanup, and I see a couple generations of humans who do nothing all day long. 
I see elder citizens who are so bored from doing nothing that it causes their faces to drop as over the months they get more and more depressed, I see them on the bus.
I see infrastructure falling apart as we are about to enter a climate crisis where more infrastructure is going to fall apart. 
*
Worse yet, I'm surrounded everywhere I go by people who bought into this “let go let god” concept of life, which is great for, say, deciding what to eat for dinner, but-
Democracy does not work unless the people who are voting know for what and whom they are voting.  It takes work for democracy to work, and education.  In fact the Founding Fathers established public education for that reason, so voters would be smart.
At a time when more information is available to people than any time in history, American voters chose to just watch a commercial or listen to what a friend says, and vote based on that, and look at what is happening.
Same people who hate the government and don’t want to pay taxes are sitting back and waiting for “god” to take care of everything. 
I think God’s busy. He gave us this planet to maintain and he doesn't have time for sewer systems and trash removal, that's supposed to be taken care of by the humans.
But they’d rather let go and let God and now, Americans are getting what they deserve. 
*
Posted by Kay Ebeling, producer, City of Angels Blog
Not just L.A., the city of angels is everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment