From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Google is making humans more stupid than they already are

A guy responded to my Craigslist ad with "mam" and then went on a hate rant against broke old people. I emailed back, "It's spelled ma'am" and he sent more paragraphs of wrath plus a screen shot of "Mam" that per Google is "informal dialect" for woman.

Then he wrote "see, Google says it's spelled m-a-m."

I live in a world where illiterate people can use a phone and do a one minute Google search and think now they know it all. They don't even know what they don't know. I do. I took down the Craigslist ad. I'll find a better way to find a place to live in L.A... if I even still want one...

A few weeks earlier for work I had to look up the names of Nazis prosecuted at Nuremberg and Google fed me:

Hans Frank, Wilhelm Frick, Julius Streicher, Alfred Rosenberg, Ernst Kaltenbrunner, Joachim von Ribbentrop, Fritz Sauckel, Alfred Jodl, Wilhelm Keitel, and Arthur Seyss-Inquart

Alfred Rosenberg was a WW2 Jewish-American Air Force hero who piloted bombers and dog-fought the Germans. Then the well known and renowned "Rosie" went on to be a PROSECUTOR at the Nuremberg trials.

Google is often not right. Yet we rely on it so much, Google will definitely make humans dumber than they already are.

***

Posted by City of Angels Blog

the city of angels is everywhere

-ke

No comments:

Post a Comment