Thursday, September 20, 2012

All low income housing should be nonprofit

.

I mean what can you expect.  
I got dropped off in West Virginia 
in June 2011 
with seventeen moving boxes 
and no friend in sight?  
I'm lucky I made it out alive.  
.
This was the house across the street:


Berkeley Springs WV neighbor, 2011 -
Photo by Kay Ebeling
.

Slumlords can’t charge high prices.
They're renting slums.  
So the only way left for them to profit is to rob poor people, committing fraud and unfair business practices.
Cheating.  
As a result slumlords have free reign over 
poor people who rent from them. 

When I moved last June, 
there was no legal reason 
for my landlady to keep 
my $800 deposit, 
so she just made up a reason, and kept it. 

Low rent landlords have to rob poor people 
to stay in business. 

So all low income housing should be nonprofit.  
.
(Would you believe this post was once 
a 12-hundred word long essay 
that I worked on for days, 
but it really does not even 
deserve posting, 
so I cut it down to 
3-4 paragraphs 
so I can just get on to writing 
the next post. 
Then the darn template
kept cutting off the ends of lines
so I had to format it like a poem
,,,)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email comments to: cityofangelslady@yahoo.com so I know who you are, sorry it has to be that way.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.