From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Listen between the verbs

When W. Barr says, "there was spying going on" and "improper surveillance was going on" he is not saying who was doing the spying. When one uses passive verbs, the result is No One takes responsibility for the action. It's implied yes he means Dems bk of the question he is answering but No One is pinning him down, they are letting him get away with this sloppy sentence construction. Later, he can say, "You heard what you wanted to hear but this is what I said," and he'll be right. I think he is in a corner, something being held over his head, like all these guys, and the more menacing the Trumpsters become, the more uncomfortable I feel, even in my little HUD senior apartment... I'm safer than most but I also know HUD ain't at the top of this President's list of priorities so... Barr is Carefully choosing his words and that passive construction means he's saying the "spying" happened, he's not saying who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment