From 2017, read Transcripts documenting the coup interviews with Malcolm Nance
Funded by readers through PayPal, available for all to read

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My first introduction to global warming

*
NASA Houston 1979, on assignment from the Newsroom at LBJ Space Center, I was interviewing a geologist who conducts experiments with meteorites found in Antarctica. In the middle of the interview, he stopped. His eyes bugged out and he said, “Wait, the real story is the icecaps. They're melting. Planet Earth is heating up.” His hair electrified out from his head: “Only a few of us know this today but in a few years the heating planet is going to be the only story that matters. Earth is getting warmer at a rapid rate. We've seen it we've seen it the ice caps are melting the ice caps are melting.”
This was my first job out of college. I finished the interview and went back to my office and wrote the story I’d been assigned to write and went home a little shaken, thinking the guy was a bit of a mad man.
But I never forgot what he said. And he was right, over the years, global warming became a more and more important story.

-
Kay Ebeling

No comments:

Post a Comment